Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Electioneering We Will Go

Yesterday I did my first ever overt political act. I put up campaign posters for the Borders Party. It was a beautiful day to drive around mid Berwickshire and I even went down a road I've never driven down before - for those who don't live in the Borders you have to know that there aren't that many roads. We were only accosted once, by a lady who said, "You're not putting that sign up so that I have to stare at it all day are you?" It turned out to be a rhetorical question. I would have argued with her but my co-sign putter upper is clearly more cut out for politics than I am and he agreed we'd move it.

Anyway I urge any of you reading this who live in the Borders to vote for the Borders Party. We need a return to local politics that truly represent the views of local people not a bunch of small time national figures that are either in training for sleepy Holyrood or on the road to nowhere.

No comments: