Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Walk On The Wild Side With Jacqui Smith

"Well, I wouldn't walk around (Kensington and Chelsea) at midnight and I'm fortunate that I don't have to do that." Those are the words of our Home Secretary Jacqui Smith. It's what she told the Sunday Times in an interview this week.

Of course the government tells us crime is down compared to the Tories' time in power in the 1990s. It is a staggering admission, made more so by the telling words,"I'm fortunate that I don't have to do that." Well the rest of us do and it beggars belief that she is a, the home secretrary and b, clearly sees nothing wrong in saying this. Oh wait a minute, her aides contacted the paper to say her remarks didn't come out as they were intended to.

She's another that's not fit for purpose and demonstrates quite clearly what happens after a government has been in power too long. Increasingly it seems to make sense to limit their time in office.

No comments: