Monday, September 14, 2009

The Beatles. . .Not

In honour of the Beatles remasters – I''ve bought four of them and cannot honestly see what all the fuss is about – and the fact that I am emerging from a welter of work. Two classic albums made up of alternative recordings

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Physic TV
With A Little Help From My Friends – Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds – Noel Harrison
Getting Better – Steve Hillage
Fixing a Hole – Big Daddy
She’s Leaving Home – Baja Marimba Band
Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite – Frank Sidebotham
Within You Without You – The Soulful Strings
When I’m Sixty-Four – Bernard Cribbins
Lovely Rita – Fats Domino
Good Morning, Good Morning – Critical Mass
Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) – Jimi Hendrix
A Day in The Life – Ipanema Beach Orchestra

Revolver

Taxman – The Bollock Brothers
Eleanor Rigby – Dr. West’s Medicine Show & junk Band
I’m Only Sleeping – Roseanne Cash
Love You To - Bongwater
Here, There & Everywhere – Stephane Grapelli
Yellow Submarine – The Leningrad Cowboys
She Said She Said – Gov’t Mule
Good Day Sunshine – Jimmy James & The vagabonds
And Your Bird Can Sing – The Flamin’ Groovies
For No One – Liza Minnelli
Doctor Robert – Bozo Allegro
I Want To Tell You – The Lambrettas
Got To Get You Into My Life – Sonny & Cher
Tomorrow Never Knows – The Grateful Dead

1 comment:

Steve Kelly said...

Look forward to having these burned on a CD !! I assume you have all these tracks?