I suspect rather it's the golfing subject that inflates the price. Certainly works that way with paintings - nice oil painting of seaside links £4,000; add a couple of golfers, add a zero to the price.
The prices paid for golfing memorabilia are astonishing. Railway enthusiasts just aren't in the same league.
How much will the seaside golf course fetch?
ReplyDeleteOutstanding use of sun and shadow here. Really a beautiful poster. Why 6,000 pounds? Is it rare or done by a famous artist?
ReplyDeleteGraf....just a touch more than the poster :)
ReplyDeleteIt is great isn't it Rob. It's just the rarity value, coupled with the fact that it's railway memorabilia which always fetches top prices.
The more I look at it, the more I like it. I can feel that bright late morning sun as the guy tees off.
ReplyDeleteI may have to put in a bid.
I suspect rather it's the golfing subject that inflates the price. Certainly works that way with paintings - nice oil painting of seaside links £4,000; add a couple of golfers, add a zero to the price.
ReplyDeleteThe prices paid for golfing memorabilia are astonishing. Railway enthusiasts just aren't in the same league.
Pete your are absolutely correct. I meant to add in the golf bit but my mind went walkabouts!
ReplyDelete